At this time, VCSST remains open and ready to serve you (clinic hours may be modified) for as long as it continues to be safe and prudent to do so. However, we are now offering virtual visits through a Telehealth platform. Most insurances are covering this service and have agreed to waive patient cost sharing. We are diligently monitoring the latest news reports on the Coronavirus and are following or exceeding the guidelines outlined by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). As the situation evolves, so too, will our response, and we will provide ongoing updates with any changes. Our top priority is the health and safety of both our patients and our staff. We want to reassure you that VCSST is taking all the necessary precautions to provide a safe and secure environment for all of us to be in.
We kindly ask that if you or anyone in your household is experiencing cold or flu symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat or difficulty breathing), or has been in contact with anyone who may have been exposed to COVID-19, please contact us to cancel and reschedule your appointment. For your health and for the well-being of the community, please stay at home and rest or communicate with your doctor by phone for guidance. We are also encouraging individuals who are immunocompromised or who suffer from any respiratory issues to please stay home.
At VCSST, we have always made health, safety, and everyone’s well-being a priority. As such, regular cleaning and thorough disinfection, including all possible contact surfaces in our clinic, as well as consistent hand hygiene on the part of our clinicians have always been a part of our standard operating procedure. However, in an effort to further minimize the potential risks of spreading any disease in our community, we want to inform all our patients that we have implemented enhanced procedures and request your participation:
- We are requesting that all patients and visitors cleanse their hands and wrists with soap and water (preferably), or alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after therapy sessions.
- Pre-screening of all persons that enter the clinic will be conducted.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available at the front desk and throughout the clinic, and several additional dispensers have been added. Feel free to use them liberally.
- All staff are wearing masks at all times during patient care.
- We have adjusted our schedule to limit the number of people in the clinic to less than 10 at a time.
- Disposable gloves are available for your use when utilizing equipment handles. Please do not take more than needed for clinic use.
- All surfaces in the reception area, including chairs, doorknobs, reception desk surface, and ink pens are frequently wiped or sprayed with disinfectant products. Feel free to use your own ink pen if you wish.
- As always, any linens used are changed and laundered after every patient.
- All treatment tables and equipment used are cleaned with an EPA-registered disinfectant or washed with soap and water between every patient.
- We have increased the frequency in which we disinfect contact surfaces in the gym including doorknobs, armrests, light switches, seats, countertops, etc.
- As always, no footwear is ever allowed on our treatment tables.
- We are also being more mindful with appointment times so we can start and end at the scheduled times to minimize waiting time.
If you need any guidance or advice, do not hesitate to contact us at 804-249-8277 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
For additional resources and the most up to date and accurate information on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website. (link to below)