Dr. Martin Dominguez and his wife, Maryann, founded the Virginia Center for Spine and Sports Therapy in 2005. He has over 27 years of clinical orthopedic experience and has lectured nationally to physical therapists, physicians and allied health professionals on the conservative treatment of spinal disorders. Martin has worked with amateur athletes of all ages as well as professional athletes in the NFL, PGA, LPGA and professional ballet companies.
Martin has a special interest in treating complex spinal conditions, as well as hip, lower leg and shoulder problems. Born and raised in the suburban DC area, he graduated from St. Mary’s College of Maryland in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Chemistry. Martin was involved in Volunteer Rescue Squads and was certified as a Paramedic before he earned his Physical Therapy degree in 1989 from The University of Maryland where he served as class president. He expanded his clinical expertise by completing advanced manual training as a Certified Functional Manual Therapist (CFMT) with honors in 1998 from the Institute of Physical Art. He earned a Doctorate of Physical Therapy with honors from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2009. Martin is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association, the Virginia Physical Therapy Association and the North American Spine Society.
When not in the clinic, Martin enjoys spending time on the water boating with his wife and family, and walking with his black lab, Lucy. Gardening and yard work are also Martin’s favorite therapeutic pastimes.
- Virginia Commonwealth University – Doctor of Physical Therapy with Honors – 2009
- University of Maryland – Bachelors of Science in Physical Therapy 1989
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland – Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry –1986
- Clinical Instructor for Spine Care – HealthSouth Corporation
- Certified Functional Manual Therapist, with Honors – 1998, recertified 2010
- Virginia Physical Therapy Direct Access Certification
- North American Spine Society
- American Physical Therapy Association