We’re Still Here For You
To all our loyal patients,
At Virginia Center for Spine and Sports Therapy, we have always made health, safety, and everyone’s well-being a priority. Our office has steadfastly remained open throughout the COVID-19 public health crisis and we are continuing our commitment to offer physical therapy care both in person at our clinic, and via Telehealth virtual visits.
Our Telehealth is offered over a secure platform that can be used as a simple alternative treatment option when an office visit just isn’t right for you. We are diligently monitoring the latest updates on the virus and are following or exceeding the CDC guidelines. We trust you will understand if we ask you to refrain entering our clinic if you do not feel well.
Regular cleaning and thorough disinfection, including all possible contact surfaces in our clinic, as well as consistent hand hygiene on the part of our clinicians have always been a part of our standard operating procedure.
In an effort to further minimize the potential risks of spreading any disease in our community, we want to inform all our patients that we have implemented enhanced procedures and request your participation:
POLICIES & PROCEDURES FOR PATIENTS, VISITORS, AND STAFF:
- All staff, patients and families are required to wear masks at all times while in the clinic until further notice. (Per the Virginia Governor’s executive order). If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you but we respectfully ask that you bring it back with you each time and reserve it for your therapy sessions as we do not have enough to provide a new one each visit.
- Pre-screening of anyone entering the clinic will be conducted including temperature checks. If you have any respiratory, gastrointestinal symptoms, or other signs of illness on the day of your appointment, we ask that you call and reschedule for a time when you are feeling entirely better.
- All clinicians monitor their temperature twice daily and continually self-monitor for any signs of illness.
- We request all patients and visitors cleanse their hands and wrists with soap and water (preferably), or alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after therapy sessions.
- Staff will cleanse their hands immediately before and after physical contact with every patient.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available at the front desk and throughout the clinic, and several additional dispensers have been added. Feel free to use them liberally.
- Disposable gloves are available for your use when utilizing equipment handles. All contact equipment is disinfected after each patient use.
- All surfaces in the reception area, including chairs, doorknobs, reception desk surfaces, clip boards and ink pens are frequently sprayed with disinfectant products and wiped down after each use. Feel free to use your own ink pen if you wish.
- As always, any linens used during treatment sessions are changed and laundered after every patient.
- As always, all treatment tables and equipment used during treatment are cleaned with an EPA-registered disinfectant between every patient.
- As always, no footwear is ever allowed on our treatment tables.
- We are also being more mindful with appointment times so we can start and end at the scheduled times to minimize waiting time. We have temporarily discontinued the use of our sign-in pad.
We look forward to caring for all of our patients in need and thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to implement these new safety procedures. The safety of all patients, employees, and the community at large must continue to be our top priority.
With deep gratitude,
Virginia Center for Spine & Sports Therapy